Does CBD relieve pain? How and What Kind.
Does CBD work for pain management?
Yes, CBD works to manage pain for most people. NuOxy Complex users with different kinds of pain have reported finding relief in areas as different as migraine, dental surgery, chronic back injury pain, and knee pain from old injuries. NuOxy Complex provides CBD in an easy to absorb water-soluble capsule. Read their testimonials here.
CBD has been shown to help with pain associated with arthritis, irritable bowel syndrome, migraine, chronic pain, multiple sclerosis and sickle cell disease to name a few.
How does CBD work?
CBD or cannabidiol works in several ways within the body. The endocannabinoid system or ECS is one known system of receptors that cannabinoids such as CBD effect. The ECS is actively involved in the control of pain (1) and it interacts with other major pain control systems in the body. Cannabinoids decrease signaling in neural pathways that send messages about pain to the brain. (2)
For an exceptional up-to-date “overview of the different receptors that are either part of the endocannabinoid system, or are part of a different signaling system, yet are still modulated by endocannabinoids.” Read this article on endocannabinoid receptors.
Scientists theorize that an endocannabinoid deficiency may be at the root of certain treatment-resistant pain conditions. Studies have shown that supplementing with the cannabinoid CBD can relieve pain.
What kind of pain does CBD help?
CBD has been shown to help in all 3 types of pain including the difficult to categorize pain referred to as “other”.
There are 2 basic broad categories of pain, nociceptive pain and neuropathic pain. Then there is “other”. This pain doesn’t fit well in either category.
- Nociceptive pain comes from various types of trouble in the tissues that is reported by signals to the brain. This category includes everything from bee stings and toe stubs to inflammatory arthritis and repetitive strain injuries
- Neuropathic pain comes from damage to the nervous system This category includes conditions such as sciatica and multiple sclerosis.These kinds of pain can overlap and injuries can cause both types of pain.
- Other: Some pain doesn’t fit well in either category, like irritable bowel syndrome, fibromyalgia and migraine.While the causes can differ, the brain is involved in all types of pain. This information on pain is from Paul Ingraham’s article on PainScience.com. To learn more about pain types, read his whole article here.
CBD can help relieve many types of pain.
Previously, it was believed that CBD only helped block pain in the brain. We now know that cannabinoids, including CBD affect the processing of pain signals at all 3 levels, brain, spine and peripheral.
- The activation of CB1 receptors in the brain regulates the emotional processing of the pain signals.
- At the spinal level, CBD binds to the glycine receptors and intensifies the pain- blocking effects of glycine.
- The pain relief effects of CBD at the peripheral level involves the reduction of inflammation. Inflammation plays a major role in many cases of chronic pain. Read here for more depth.
CBD offers a safer alternative to opioids and NSAIDs for both acute and chronic pain relief. CBD is not addictive or intoxicating. In 8,000 years of recorded history, no one has ever died from consuming cannabis.
NuOxy Complex CBD comes from food/medical grade hemp cultivated in an organic environment without the use of pesticides, herbicides or chemical fertilizers. The cannabinoid complex is rich in CBD and has the full spectrum of phyto-cannabinoids, flavonoids and terpenes found in the whole hemp plant extract. The water-soluble, whole plant extract has been tested to assure the highest quality cannabinoid profile free of pesticides, fungus and heavy metals. By definition, the hemp strains of cannabis are naturally low in the intoxicating cannabinoid THC.
The medical grade hemp used in the NuOxy Complex formula tests at less than >.2% Because NuOxy Complex contains virtually no measurable THC, you can take it with confidence that you will not feel intoxicated or “high” or trigger a positive result on a drug test.
If you or someone you love is in pain, NuOxy Complex offers a whole plant hemp solution in a highly absorbable, water-soluble capsule.
“These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat cure or prevent any disease.”
When investigating, keep in mind that much of the research being done today is funded by pharmaceutical companies and filtered through a bias against whole plant forms of cannabis and in favor of a single molecule pharmaceutical solution that can be patented.
- Cannabinoids in the management of difficult to treat pain
- Cannabinoid analgesia
- Pain-related behaviors and neurochemical alterations in mice expressing sickle hemoglobin: modulation by cannabinoids.
- Cannabinoids for neuropathic pain
- A user’s guide to cannabinoid therapies in oncology
- Endocannabinoid Receptors – More Than Just CB1 and CB2
- Cannabidiol and Arthritis
- Cannabidiol in inflammatory bowel diseases: a brief overview.
- The endocannabinoid system and migraine.
- Multiple Sclerosis related pain and cannabis based treatments.
- Chronic Pain and Cannabidiol